Cloud Science for Primary Kids

Cloud Science for Primary Kids

Forums The Cloud Forum Cloud Science for Primary Kids

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Brendan O'Malley avatarBrendan O'Malley
      Participant

Hi everyone

I’m speaking to my sons grade 1&2 class next week on the different types of clouds in the sky as part of one of their science units. I’m going to use the excellent cloud animation on this site, and some of the beautiful photos, to inspire the kids, as well as a little time lapse movie of the changing skies over the school. But would also like to do something interactive with the kids in the classroom (the science lab has become out of bounds for maintenance work) and was wondering if anyone knew of some great resources for young ones (aged 7 and 8). Thanks.

Brendan

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

Brendon, your presentation plan sounds like it will be both educational and a lot of fun! For an interactive idea, collage is a simple art form that’s easy for any age to handle. Youtube videos offer a variety of inspiring approaches (just google “cloud collage for kids”). New art for the refrigerator! Maybe share a few selected images from your audience with us here? ;)

Brendan O'Malley avatarBrendan O'Malley
      Participant

Thanks Keelin for the encouragement. Yes I was thinking of some simple art piece for the kids – giving them some cotton wool, glue and coloured paper and getting them to make different types of clouds. Happy to share some of the results!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.