You have selected:

Main Cloud Types

Other Clouds

Optical Effects

Miscellaneous

Cloud Identification: International Cloud Atlas

Cloud Identification: International Cloud Atlas

Forums The Cloud Forum Cloud Identification: International Cloud Atlas

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar annamcmanus 1 month ago.

• Author

Members who are looking for the definitions of different cloud types, as well as a list of all the different classifications, should take a look at the World Meteorological Organisation’s International Cloud Atlas. This is the official reference work on cloud types. If you can’t find the answer to your cloud identification there, why not post a photograph of the cloud as a new topic in our Cloud Forum and some of our members might be able to help.

International Cloud Atlas

One useful page is their complete Cloud Classification Table.

great!

I am from Colombia, and I am so happy know more about clouds!!!

regards!!

hygge
      Participant

Welcome, Edisson. It is great to hear from South America and from someone who appreciates the International Cloud Atlas.

Shiprock45
    Shiprock45
    Participant

Had no idea the Atlas existed until I joined CAS.  It is available on Amazon.

hygge
    Participant

Shiprock45, you have me wondering what it is that is available on Amazon. I have the old ICA in hard copy i.e.

Volume I, Revised edition 1975

Volume II 1987 (pictures)

The new ICA as in the top of this thread is to my knowledge on-line only and is free.

hygge

yhm1993112
    Participant

Wow! I am from China. I’m glad to join .

marcvan workum
    Participant

Hi,

Been a friend of the Society for a long time but a real member now! Bring on the Clouds!

Always look up!

Greetings,

Marc

annamcmanus
    Participant

Hello All Cloud People,

I just finished reading Cloudspotter ‘s Guide. Loved it and am so excited to become a member of the society.

Best.

Anna

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.