Cloud Conference

Cloud Conference

Forums The Cloud Forum Cloud Conference

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Gini Wells avatarGini Wells
      Participant

I’m sure all the regular Forum contributors will be aware of this upcoming event (as advertised on the CAS home page), but I thought it might be worthwhile flagging it up on the Forum and seeing if we can’t persuade some of our far-flung contributors to book time off work, pack their bags and join us – it would be so good to see you there!

Mike Rubin avatarMike Rubin

I am sorely tempted to come to this conference, as I live in London. I’ll be interested to find out where in town the conference will be. I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled for news.

-Mike (FlyByWire)

Participant

It would be good to meet you, Mike!

Ginny and Mike, it now looks as if we are going to be having the conference later in the year. This is because we’re looking at a different venue. The one for 30 May was going to mean that the conference had to be in the evening, rather than the day. This meant the event would be too rushed.

I am negotiating with a different, and better, venue. If this works out, the conference will be taking place towards the end of September – probably during the day on Saturday 26 September.

I hope the change of date isn’t going to cause problems for anyone – hopefully, it will mean that there’s more time for those coming from abroad are better able to plan their trips.

We will, of course, email confirmation of the date and venue as soon as we have these locked down.

Participant

The amended date is fine by me – in the diary. A daytime conference makes much more sense and gives us the option to continue, socially, into the evening, perhaps. Hope lots of Cloud Appreciators will be able to make it.

Mateusz Przywecki avatarMateusz Przywecki
      Participant

The date for me is unfortunately not so good as a previous one.
      I will be going within September/October breakthrough to Chile hopefully.
      Is it possible to make it August for a example? – the day will be longer as it is Summer still :-)

Mike Rubin avatarMike Rubin

No problem Gavin. Weekend is better for me anyway as it means I don’t have to book time off work. And by the end of September the gliding soaring season should be more or less over too so more able to commit (although last year I had a surprise good soaring flight in early October which started to make up for a duff year). I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait. And will be great to meet you too Gini and everyone else.

-Mike

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

Change date in topic title?

Gini, it might be an idea as some might just glimpse the title (e.g. in Recent Topics) and not read the detail. I don’t know if you can do that in this forum.

Some lovely guitar this afternoon from Ismo Eskelinen playing Fagerlund – Transit, Guitar Concerto:
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b052gy9q

‘H’

I’ve taken the date out of the title to avoid confusion.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.