Berndnaut clouds (art)

Berndnaut clouds (art)

Forums The Cloud Forum Berndnaut clouds (art)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Diana Stirling avatarDiana Stirling
      Participant

https://www.berndnaut.nl/works/nimbus/

I discovered this artist’s work today via the Frankie magazine newsletter. Here’s a quote from the site about the clouds:

Nimbus
      The Nimbus works present a transitory moment of presence in a specific location. They can be interpreted as a sign of loss or becoming, or just as a a fragment from a classical painting. People have always had a strong metaphysical connection to clouds and through time have projected many ideas on them. Smilde is interested in the temporary aspect of the work. It’s there for a few seconds before they fall apart again. The physical aspect is really important but the work in the end only exists as a photograph. The photo functions as a document of something that happened on a specific location and is now gone.

I suspect I am not allowed by copyright restrictions to post actual photos of the work, so please visit the link to see them.

Pamela Stevens avatarPamela Stevens
      Participant

Interesting works! It’s as if the same cloud has taken a selfie in different places it has visited. The cloud looks so soft and fragile, enclosed in the angular surroundings, a bit like a bird in a gilded cage. Thank you for sharing this link😊

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.