Community Pages

Please accept our new Terms & Conditions before contributing to our Community Pages. Any content you contribute will be publicly visible. We expect contributors to show respect, courtesy and an appreciation of the atmosphere we all share.

I've read and accept the CAS Terms & Conditions

Filter Photos:

You have selected:

Main Cloud Types

Other Clouds

Optical Effects

Miscellaneous

Reply To: New Years Day Clouds 2019

Forums The Cloud Forum New Years Day Clouds 2019 Reply To: New Years Day Clouds 2019

Ramona Edwards avatarrje623
Participant

hygge, thanks for letting me know that I am not the only one with “issues”!  I can turn off the “paranoid” button now!  ;-)

I DID get confirmation by our local meteorologist on the Fallstreak Hole!  Here is what he said,  “The fallstreak…yes. That’s what you have there. It’s a jet contrail-induced fall streak. The particles in the jet exhaust became nuclei for the ice in those clouds to collect. They basically became precipitation and fell out!”

I am doing a happy cloud dance now!!

Edited to redact, unfortunately!!

Awwww, man!! I just got another email from him. Now I have to go back and undo all of the posts I made! Quoting the meteorologist:

Hold up!
I just added it to my graphics system, and it is NOT a Fallstreak.
It’s a gap in the altocumulus clouds with some cirrus moving overhead. So sorry…the big blown up version was clear, the small on one my computer screen wasn’t.