Optical Phenomena Volume V

Optical Phenomena Volume V

Forums The Cloud Forum Optical Phenomena Volume V

Viewing 95 reply threads
  • Author
      Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

Ruth ended Volume IV for optical phenomena with the hundredth bottle of beer on the wall.

No more bottles of beer on the wall, no more bottles of beer.
      Go to the store and buy some more, 99 bottles of beer on the wall…

So here’s some more in Volume V.

But first check one of the last bottles in Volume IV by Keelin with a great corona. Great you posted this one with all of its marvelous colors Keelin.

And Ruth I love your latest on the gallery with a rainbow after a storm over Wolf Creek, Montana, US.

I still wait for new halos where I live. They seem to have become rare for some reason. But a dive in my archive helps. Here is a small segment of a bright 22 degrees halo to start Volume V with.

2018-05 Wolken_0160-2

A View Behind The Clouds

Ruth Quist avatarRuth Quist
      Participant

Hans, what a beauty of a start to volume V.  I like going back to view photos.  Brings memories of trips.

P1000545 (2)  Touch Down

Patricia L Keelin avatarPatricia L Keelin
      Participant

A beautiful launch for Volume V, Hans and Ruth! I think this calls for a bit of the bubbly…

IMG_8437_Effervescent ApparitionEffervescent Apparition

Participant

Keelin, boy am I a fan of the bubby.  I am thinking Prosecco.  Just saw your shaggy dog on the gallery.  Love the image.  It’s so fun to send a picture and have it chosen.

A Smokey Sun Ready To Set P1000099 (2)

Participant

Mother Of PearlP1090525 (2)

Participant

A Big OpalP1000299 (2)

Participant

I love your Touchdown Ruth and the Evervescent Apparition by Keelin as well.

Today I had some luck to spot sundogs and even twice a CZA.

2021-09 Charigny (186)-1

The Colors Of A CZA

Participant

Hans,  isn’t it wonderful to see an unusual sighting.  Your CZA and sundog are quite special.  Your CZA reminds me of a prism.  Quite relaxing.  Going with more:P1000544 (2) Rainbow and Water

Participant

Big RipplesP1090908 (2)

Participant

Oh WOW x 6, Hans and Ruth! Love soft tones in your CZA, Hans. And Rainbow and Water is simply stunning, Ruth.

Not many clouds here at all lately, but just this morning, there was this sighting. A mysterious bit of blue sky appeared to be…

IMG_0706_BrokenBreaking Into The Orb

Participant

Ruth, saw your corona over Bigfork, Montana on the Gallery. Gorgeous!!

IMG_0820_Iridescent ChameleonIridescent Chameleon

Participant

Keelin,  more wonderful iridescents’s in your collection.  I’m nuts for those swirls.  I love the gallery.  Such a variety we get to enjoy from folks all over the world.  Really a small world too.

I see that you are a 2022 calendar girl.  A big congrats.

More Hide And SeekP1090912 (2)

Participant

Ah, thanks, Ruth! And so true about the joy of sharing what we’re so fortunate to see with others. In More Hide And Seek, I like the way you’ve used the trees in the foreground to block the sun, revealing the subtle beauty of clouds in the background.

And Hans, what a fantastic iridescent undulatus photo you’ve captured (featured on gallery). It is pure magic!

IMG_0831_Solo Solar ViewSolo Solar View

George Preoteasa avatarGeorge Preoteasa
      Participant

I have not visited this thread in a while and  I see some incredible shots, Keelin, Ruth, Hans! Those “ripples”, Ruth, are CAS calendar material, I hope Gavin notices them.

I wanted to share a couple of short videos I made with the intention of capturing the stars, the moon, planets at night. Serendipitously, I also caught some optical effects. Here is the first one. Best watched on a big screen with sound on.

I wanted to see if the Milky Way was visible in this dark place, but the moon, even at 35% was too bright. Instead I was treated with a “moon dog” (a parselene), rather diffuse, but clearly visible, and a moon pillar as the moon set. Not to mention some great cloud movements caught with a second camera with a very wide angle lens.

vimeo.com/632258822

Participant

And this is the second one:

Jupiter and Saturn flank the moon and together they glide to the west. Venus is shortly visible by the flag pole. Some stars of the teapot asterism are also noticeable. Serendipitous high clouds generated a rare brightly colored “moon dog” or parselene and a nice partial corona.

vimeo.com/633376453

Participant

George,  I loved both of your vimeo’s.  Some beautiful colors.  I appreciate your comment on Ripples.  I should consider sending it on to the gallery for their review.

Keelin, Solo got a halo.  A sweeping photo.

Big Craters In The Sky P1100160 (2)

Participant

I agree with George about your corona in Big Ripples Ruth. Also great Big Craters In The Sky with delicate iridescence.

Thanks Keelin about the gallery one. Maybe you noticed I used a part of it on the B&W thread some weeks ago. The details surprised me on that one. The corona in Iridescent Chameleon is fantastic Keelin. I love its texture and the clear colors. Also great Solo Solar View with halo.

Thanks for sharing your videos George. They revealed really bright moondogs and a great corona as well.

They all drew the attention of this

2021-09 Charigny (201)-1

Iridescent Fox

Participant

Thanks, everybody.

Iridescence is so hard to capture, which makes these shots really exceptional. I am seriously envious.

Participant

George, those are truly beautiful videos! Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Love the delicate colors in Big Craters, Ruth. A little touch of iridescence can make a memorable sighting.

Hans, yes! I do remember well the fine detail in the photo you posted to the B&W topic a few weeks back. And a fine, colorful fox, you have there! Is he up to any mischief? Thank you, too, for kind comments on my recent postings above.

This one looks as if little tree branches poked the sun and some color leaked out.

IMG_0865_Iridescence

Participant

Hans, way cool fox.  I think he may glow in the dark.  You caught so many nice colors.

Keelin, your lovely sun above has some good company.  I am glad you like my moon from last week.  I was out in my bathrobe waiting for the clouds to be just right.

Afternoon DelightP1011478 (2)

Participant

Small SnackP1100382 (2)

Participant

Ruth, you are a devoted cloud lover, waiting for the right moment to snap that Gallery featured moon shot. I hope you were well-bundled for Afternoon Delight. It, too, appears worth remaining still for. I see the way that tree limb is reaching for a Small Snack. It’s not moving either!

IMG_0857_Halo Wrapped in TissueHalo Wrapped in Tissue

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Patricia L Keelin avatarKeelin.
      Participant

Keelin, you have such clever titles.  Halo Wrapped is a perfect catch.

Fish EaterP1090492 (2)

Participant

Trying To Hide My ColorsP1100472 (2)

Participant

Close To Full Moon ( full tonight but raining – darn )P1011700 (2)

Gregory Venarsky avatarGregory Venarsky
      Participant

Lovely photos from everyone!! I just went through and looked at all of them and I must say that they are all a treat to the eyes. Here are a couple of photos from a plane that I took several months back. I think they show a 22-degree halo, a sundog, and part of a parhelic circle. I also was blessed to see a subsun and a light pillar, I think it’s called. It’s where there appears to be a little dimmer sun underneath the actual sun. Sadly I did not get to capture it :( Anyways here they are!

DSC_4199.JPGDSC_4205.JPG

Participant

Thanks, Ruth, for your kind comment. Reading your titles before clicking on the email links, especially to this topic, makes me eager to see what you’ve posted. Looks like you caught your Fish Eater before it caught its own meal. I see a seahorse in your next photo, and I love your moon shot.

Gregory, nice to see you here again. You were right up there with those sun dogs!

IMG_1288_Sun SeaweedSun Seaweed

Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

A 22 and a cha..

may1819b4590CHA

Participant

Gregory, way cool observations from your plane.

Keelin, tasty seaweed.  Looking for land I bet.

Michael, terrific and colorful halo.  Outer space like.

November’s Full Moon Couldn’t Hide From Me.  Desperate To Set Down.

P1100484 (2)

Participant

I love this moon picture, Ruth. Beautiful framing and colors.

Night sky pictures is one think I really enjoy doing. A couple of weeks ago I traveled to Arizona to shoot the lunar eclipse. I’d like to share the video I made from the shots:

vimeo.com/651839472

That was on a full moon to, but it entered the Earth shadow, so its brightness was greatly reduced. The result was that one could see all the stars as on a new moon night while also seeing the “blood” moon. Beautiful experience.

Participant

A great video George. Thanks for sharing. The red moon with the stars around are indeed amazing and in the end you also spotted a 22 degrees halo with an upper tangent arc as well. And all this in the rocky and beautiful scenery of Arizona.

Participant

Michael, what fine fortune to see both the halo and the arc! A beautiful photo.

Ruth, your moon shots are such a lovely series. November’s Full Moon is downright poetic.

And George, what a treat! Thank you so much for sharing with us. IMG_0797_Sun HatSun Hat

Participant

Keelin, now sun hat is way too fun.  The hat size is perfect, no sun screen required.

George,  terrific trip you got to take to Arizona.  The desert can be appealing.P1011751 (2)

More Moon, Not Quite Full

Participant

Hats off for your Sun Hat, Keelin. And nice corona Ruth and your title “More Moon, Not Quite Full” is fantastic. Love it.

2021-09 Charigny (169)-1
      A segment of the 22 degrees halo.

Participant

Hans,  looking like a fine evening in your neck of the woods.

Shades Of White

P1070674 (2)

Participant

That’s a keen eye you have there, Han, to see that halo segment in such an eye-catching composition.

And Ruth, your Shades Of White remind me of a trip to the point store where there are rows of delicately hued “whites”. You, too, have a well-trained eye!

Since we’re on to subtleties, here’s one that might fit well as there is but a hint of color in the corona.

IMG_1311 Sun VeilSun Veil

Participant

Keelin,  I just saw your wonderful Gallery entry from today, wow.  Feeds the beast in us!  Sun Veil is close to a wedding veil.  All very nice.

Somewhere Out ThereP1090523 (2)

Participant

Great Sun Veil, Keelin and you posted also a great version of the corona on the gallery.

I like the strange cloud form at the bottom right in your Somewhere Out There, Ruth.

I am still waiting for some halo phenomena over here. They seem to hide for me for a long time, but then I caught some  iridescence in a short lived layer of cirrocumulus.

2022-01 Wolken (83)-1
      Just A Moment

Participant

Hans, I absolutely love Just A Moment.  Such vivid colors.

From 3:30am today ( wished I had zoomed in better )P1011786

Participant

Better Shot In The DarkP1011831 (2)

Participant

Thank you, Ruth and Hans. Below is another photo from the morning’s series.

Ruth, I love your moon shots and really appreciate your being awake at 3:30AM(!) to take that glowing shot with the tree branches. The image reminds me of the old film style of closing down the audience’s view to a small peephole before expanding again to reveal a change of scene. I’d like to see the rest of that movie.

And Hans, Just A Moment is a beautiful, warm shawl I’d like to wrap up in. No matter the fringe seems to be a bit loose.

IMG_1576_Just Out Of Reach [Sunball in Tree]Just Out Of Reach!

Participant

One More January Shot At Wolf MoonP1011865 (2)

Participant

So grateful to you, Ruth, for staying up to capture a beautiful haloed Wolf Moon.

IMG_9738_Sharing The Love Of Radiant BeautiesSharing The Love of Radiant Beauties

Participant

Keelin, refreshing shot!  I am wondering if you caught a circumzenithal Arc in the upper corner.

P1011911 (2) Afternoon Cocktails

Duncan Bulman avatarDuncan Bulman
        Participant

Ruth looks like you’ve captured some heavenly Nacre (mother of pearl).

Participant

Yes, this thread is all about sharing our radiant beauties. Great title, Keelin. It is a beauty indeed and I think you spotted a bright lower segment of the 22 degrees halo. The sun must be above at the right. Is that correct?

I have waited a long time for a halo over here, but this one was the  waiting more than worthwile. I spotted a 22 degrees halo with upper tangent arc and above it what most probably is a supralteral arc. I post three versions of the image. One without enhancements, one with enhancements that make the halos more evident and the last one with b-r subtraction in which they show even more clearly.

2022-02 Wolken (26)-origineel

2022-02 Wolken (26)-1

2022-02 Wolken (26) kanaalmixmono-1

Supralateral arc, tangent arc and 22 degrees halo.

Participant

Cheers, Ruth ~~ I toast to your colorful catch!

Yes, Hans, you are right about the radiant beauty above being halo segment. And what a beauty you captured! Worth waiting for and more. Thank you for sharing the three versions so we can see what’s really there.

IMG_1682_Shredded IridescenceShredded Iridescence

Participant

Hans, a big Wow on your halo.  There is nothing like experiencing something for the first time.  That’s part of what gets me out there.

Keelin, your wonderful feather made the gallery yesterday.  A big thrill.  Congrats.  The shredded iridescence must have been an exciting sight.  Great photo.P1022056 (2)Don’t Know What I Want To Be

Participant

More Moon ( at least they stay still for a little time ) P1011915

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/sycamores-robin-hood-tree-falls-12792484

A picture similar to this appeared in The Times, UK, today captioned:
      Morning lights. The aurora borealis over Hadrian’s Wall at the Sycamore Gap near
      Crag Lough, Northumberland, yesterday.

N.B. Not visible, a replacement sycamore is growing close by, surrounded by a stone wall to keep out nibbling sheep.
      I have posted other pictures of the Gap in the Forum in years long gone.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Howard Brown avatarhygge.
      Participant

Dropping by again to comment on Hygge’s post, but let me tell you, those iridescence and corona pictures that I see when I go back are killing me, I love them to death. How do you manage to get them?

Now back to the sycamore tree picture. That is Owen Hymphreys’ shot. Incredible shot. He is in that zone far enough north where the occasional aurora is distant so you mainly see the high part, which tends to be red. He has others, as well as sunsets, sunrises. They are mixed in with his regular jobs pictures:

https://www.paimages.co.uk/collections/6201

Participant

George,  so glad you enjoy iridescence.  I am noticing them more, avoiding the bright sun is the hard part.

The Blink Of An Eye

P1110085 (2)

Participant

A new sighting for me was a sundog pair and then the halo.  The colors were faint, but made my day.  It was not possible to catch the whole scene.  Just these two will say:

Top Of The Morning

P1110108 (2)P1110092 (2)

Participant

Love your More Moon glow, Ruth. This topic hold so many surprises. And it doesn’t take much to make us glow when such optical delights present—especially with first sightings like your sundog. Congratulations!

IMG_2079_Just A Touch Of IridescenceJust A Touch Of Iridescence

Participant

Keelin, wonderful lenticulars and iridescence you captured.  Just that splash of light makes it interesting.

P1022548 (2) More Spooky Moon

Participant

Need ShadesP1011909 (2)

Participant

Your Spooky Moon is fantastic, Ruth! I sense it could also be an underwater scene with a great moon-eyed fish. Would be a wonderful image to include in a nighttime story book.

And it must have turned up the pareidolia knob for me as your next post took on the look of an iridescent growling dog. A guardian perhaps? Could be there’s another one just behind the trees here… IMG_2063_I See You!I See You!

Participant

In Needs Shade I see – as Keelin does-  an iridescent growling dog, Ruth. Great capture. And lovely 22 degrees halo and sundog.

And yes, it is seeing us Keelin. Nice colorful halo and corona behind the contrasting trees.  I love also your former lenticular touch of iridescence.

Here is another dog – and not a sundog – with a faint segment of 22 degrees halo.

2022-02 Wolken (25)-1

Or is it the head of a horse?

Michael Lerch avatarMichael Lerch
      Participant

Here is a Zeeny with the faintest fibratus

nov2220b1027Zen

Participant

Michael,  wonderful colorful smile.  Nice that the colors are so clear and bright.

Hans, I like the horse choice with an off color mane.

Dress Fabric   P1011905 (2)

Participant

I have been seeing more halo’s in the past few weeks.

Never DisappointsP1022675 (2)

Participant

Finally, a bit of time to post to our wonder-filled forum — and WOW! what a lot of fabulous photos have been added to many a topic.

Michael, your Zeeny is more than a lucky shot as it shows how attuned your eye is to the subtle details that really set this image apart.

Ruth, delighted to hear the halos are finding you. Your most recent is such a beauty and a bright spot on the Gallery too!

And Hans, love your dog/horse with faint halo. The cloud texture is exquisite. And congratulations on your fine catch of iridescence featured as Cloud of the Day!

Oops! Can’t seem to drop in a photo… :? Anyone else having problems with posting an image here?

Participant

Keelin,  I so look forward to your posts.  This new website isn’t as friendly.  But the forum gets the really big screen.  I will try a photo.  Click the insert image as usual, then stay over to the right where you will see partial script and find your photo.   Call me and we will do it together.

Cold Up ThereP1022697 (2)

Participant

IMG_2239_Letting In The Light

Ah, Thank you, Ruth! Let there be Light! ;)

Participant

Keelin, that is one juicy picture.  You caught so many fabulous elements.  That is one of my favorites.P1110109 (2)

A Colored  Hotdog

Participant

Thanks, Ruth! That’s a fun catch of color you caught in your Hotdog.

IMG_2065_Just Feeling Shy

Just Feeling Shy

Participant

Keelin, now that is an exciting piece.  Your own special rays breaking way to a new day.

Tree ShieldP1100164 (2)

Participant

From Sun To MoonP1100762 (2)

Participant

Thank you, Ruth! You caught some beautiful iridescence above, and I always love your moon shots. In your latest, my mind can’t help but see a bright (one-)eyed cloud fellow offering a friendly greeting. Your timing couldn’t have been better.

IMG_2287_Lighting The Halo

Lighting The Halo

Participant

Keelin, the halo’s rule this spring.  Nice Halo on the gallery yesterday for you.  Not sure why but more halo’s observed this year for me.

Cold On TopP1110559 (2)

Participant

Wow, some great halos by you two, Ruth and Keelin. And Keelin also a great one on the gallery. In envy you, because for some reason they seem to hide for me lately. But a sundog can’t pass without being noticed.

2022-05 Charigny (160)-1

Participant

Hans,  I will take a sundog any day.  Nice colors.

Calling InterferenceP1110660 (2)

Participant

Thanks, you two! Ian let me know they’d posted my halo photo on the Gallery, but I’ve yet to figure out how to navigate that part of the site since it’s been reconfigured. Any advice on how to view just the most recently added photos without applying the category filters?

Hans, I hope that more than the dogs will come out to play with you soon! And Ruth, you are catching these halos despite interference. ;)
      IMG_2541_Approaching In Wonder

Approaching In Wonder

Gregory Venarsky avatarGregory Venarsky
      Participant

Absolutely lovely photos everyone! See if you can spot the rainbow in this one!

DSC_0546-min

Path to the Pot of Golden Sand Dollars

Participant

Keelin,  to find your halo from May 30th, stay on the gallery sight but go down to where you see ” show more”.  Keep hitting that button and you should see your lovely ring.  By the way your last picture has the feeling of big space.

Gregory, you can’t hide your rainbow from us spotters.  Exciting photo you shared. 

The High Wire

P1022051 (2)

Participant

I now understand it is a golden sand-path to the pot of gold Gregory. Ruth and Keelin, you spotted some very bright halos. Elsewhere the halo is waiting for a sundog to come and play. For me it is the other way around.

2022-06 Wolken (81)-1

Halos over here seem to have gone to the dogs.

Participant

Gregory, you are well on your way to catching your rainbow. That is a beautiful photo.

Ruth, I like your High Wire act. And thanks for help with Gallery navigation. I see a few newer gems from you there. Always a treat to find them shared with so many cloud lovers!

And Hans, the halos may be hiding lately, but of course the dogs come to your friendly call. ;)

IMG_1804_Nesting In The High Branches Nesting In The High Branches

Ariel Kotker avatarAriel Kotker
      Participant

these are thrilling!

please allow me to share half a bagel with you all5547296E-7499-4F21-BAE5-B179A96643A6

Participant

other half of bagel, on a plate this time. different day.. must be “day-old”!  362E2B15-9648-44FC-847D-B69DBDF6705C

Participant

Thanks for sharing your very tasty bagel, Arielko. Your wit inspired the title below.

IMG_2539_Parsley On A Plate

Parsley On A Plate

Participant

I love the dishes you both served arielko and Keelin. Very tasty.

Recently I had a lucky day and spotted this brightly colored dog’s tail on a dog day.2022-07 Charigny (55)-1

Circumhorizon Dog Tail

Participant

keelin, that is one garnish I could go for! And Hans, another dog, perfect. They have been cropping up all over

tree trajectory 5B0529EF-2A66-41DB-A40F-E35091B2DA15

Participant

A little afternoon diffraction.

DSC_0566

Participant

Duncan, P1000155 (2)that is a wonderful bright capture.

Barely There

Participant

Ruth,

A little photography trick is done to capture the colours that are often washed out.  If your camera has a sunset setting then switch to that and see what you get, it should make the colours more vivid.

Participant

Duncan, thanks for the advice with the camera setting.

TechnicolorP1000214 (2)

Participant

Hans, you caught that dog by the tail ~ lucky, indeed! And the luck continues for Arielko and Ruth too. And wow, Duncan! That is one beautiful diffraction!

IMG_2929_Coronal CradleCoronal Cradle

Participant

41305922-7B3C-4F42-845F-EF8A8BEAC376

adding some seahorses and sherbet to this techni-colorful collection!

Participant

Ariel, delicious sherbet.  Yum.

Crisp Round The EdgesP1100568 (2)

Participant

Delicious sherbet, Arielko! And a crispy cookie from Ruth! Who’s ready for more?

IMG_9024_Another Scoop?

Another Scoop?

Participant

Keelin, cookies and ice cream work.

Almost Missed This OneP1120777 (2)

Participant

Ruth, it looks like you were lucky to catch that wild animal with rainbow-hued mane dash out from behind the trees. Right on time, I’d say!

How do you like your masked potatoes served?

IMG_3266_With Lots of Butter Please

With Lots of Butter Please

PS: Caught you Big Fork(ful) photo on International Cloud Appreciation Day. How fun it was to see the skies from all directions.

Participant

delicious smorgasbord here! ruth, i agree with keelin, so glad you caught that creature in time

adding hungry neanderthal skull guy (profile). to eat the mashed potatoes

IMG_2551

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Ariel Kotker avatararielko.
      Participant

Only a fair shot of a corona, but it was taken on a Pacific Ocean visit.  Oh, and yum on the potatoes Keelin.P1044710 (2)

Participant

Ruth, you caught a lovely glow from a valiant sun. Hope you enjoyed your time with the cloud conjuring ocean.

Ariel, it looks like your colorful Neanderthal did a fair job devouring the potatoes. Nothing left now but this…

IMG_3461_Last Drop of Butter on a Blue Plate

Last Drop of Butter on a Bright Blue Plate

Participant

keelin, looks like we should bring some dogs over from the other thread to lap up that last drop of butter!

I had a banner day in September. Sun rose in halo, the long arms of the Parhelic circle began to form around the now circumscribed halo at noon, and by sunset we had a full on display, I am overjoyed. Sky was mushy, it’s not overly spectacular, but it’s certainly exciting for me!

If anyone has IDs for all the arcs please let me know. I think I know them, but i’m just a beginner

i can’t seem to upload any pix, but they’re the last seven images on this page:

https://airy-l-atmosphere.squarespace.com/skyj

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Ariel Kotker avatararielko.
      Participant

Ariel I read about your seven years of sky on your website and I must say it makes a really deep impression on me. You still managed to collect a lot of wonderful cloud stories and silver linings as you like to name them. I admire you having been able to collect them over so many years and to share them on your website. Keep enjoying them!

I will try to ID the halos on the last 7 images on the page you linked to (skyj). I suppose there are some you already know, but it is better to be complete I think.

1. a 22 degrees halo.
      2. a 22 degrees halo, a circumscribed halo, a sundog at the place where the parheic circle crosses the circumscribed halo, and the parhelic circle. I think this one is a real beauty.
      3. a circumscribed halo, a sundog at the place where the parheic circle crosses the circumscribed halo, and the parhelic circle. On this one the 22 degrees halo is not visible and I suppose we see the circumscribed halo and not the 22 degrees halo because of its egg-like shape.
      4. a 22 degrees halo with the upper tangent arc on top of it together with two sundogs with small parts of the parhelic circle although one can say these white tails are part of the sundogs themselves.
      5. a 22 degrees halo with a sundog and the upper tangent arc (UTA). it is faint but just above the UTA I think there is a suncave parry arc. But without a doubt ther is at twice the distance of the UTA a circumzenithal arc.
      6. as 5, but with both sundogs visible.
      7. same as 6, but here is more to discover. The suncave Parry arc is visible as a little roof above the UTA and the CZA touches a faint supralateral arc (I guess).

Where halos are a bit faint they often can be revealed more explicit by different kind of enhancements like contrast, saturation or even b-r subtraction. The last method can give very surprising results. I once got the link with this method from Alec Jones and maybe you like to try it:

B-R processing

I hope you like it.

Best wishes, Hans

Participant

Ariel, I forgot to tell about the upload of an image. When you click on the icon for an image above the box you write a new reply, a box will appear to upload a picture. To upload an image you have to click on the text at the right of the box. For some reason the text and the link underneath is not centered well. After clicking at the right side where a bit of the text can be seen, the dialogue starts to upload an image and it will work as usual.

Participant

A rainbow graced us with its presence today and it brought along a friend.

DSC_0625 (2)

Viewing 95 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.