Reply To: Image Storage Options

Forums The Cloud Forum Image Storage Options Reply To: Image Storage Options

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
Participant

Hello Jocelyn, I do it much the same as Michael described. But your wishes made me (re)think about my own way of doing it. So here are some more thoughts about it.

Your wish to tag pictures triggered me to do some research and therefore I checked the possibilities of Google Photos. Unfortunately I only found features to tag people in Google Photos. So there seems to be no possibility to tag a picture as pileus, sunset, mammatus, asperitas or whatever cloud classification. Please correct me when I am wrong. Nevertheless it is a safe way to store your pictures, since the cloud protects you against loss by a bushfire. When tagging is possible this seems the perfect fit to your wishes.

For the tagging and organizing your pictures Lightroom has the possibility to define your own keywords for any picture. Lightroom is not only a tool to develop and modify pictures but also a tool to organize your pictures. Finding an example of KH in your own collection will be easy when the pictures have their right keywords. In the case of LR an external backup device still is necessary to protect your pictures against loss in case of a calamity.

Are there more thoughts and practices on this subject?