But for members of the Cloud Appreciation Society, naming these familiar high clouds is a doddle. You can see the answer at the bottom of Storm’s piece. But how many know the name of the optical effects that appear as spots of light on either side of the base of the photograph, and are caused by the sunlight passing through the ice crystals of the clouds (answer here)?
Attention All Cloudspotters
- » De Hallen Haarlem: Sky! In Dutch Art Since 1850
- » We've put up the Cloud of the Month for April
- » Look Up! An Evening with Gavin Pretor-Pinney
- » Keith Epps: Dark Arcadias
- » We've chosen the Cloud of the Month for March