But for members of the Cloud Appreciation Society, naming these familiar high clouds is a doddle. You can see the answer at the bottom of Storm’s piece. But how many know the name of the optical effects that appear as spots of light on either side of the base of the photograph, and are caused by the sunlight passing through the ice crystals of the clouds (answer here)?
Attention All Cloudspotters
- » What are Cloud Streets?
- » Nature and Human Life E-Magazine
- » <em>A New Simile for The Ladies</em> by Sheridan
- » Head, heart, and soul in the Clouds
- » Create Your Own Near Space Mission!