But for members of the Cloud Appreciation Society, naming these familiar high clouds is a doddle. You can see the answer at the bottom of Storm’s piece. But how many know the name of the optical effects that appear as spots of light on either side of the base of the photograph, and are caused by the sunlight passing through the ice crystals of the clouds (answer here)?
Attention All Cloudspotters
- » We've chosen the Cloud of the Month for March
- » Ian Loxley to be "Exposure" Judge
- » Cloudspotter for Dutch TV Show
- » We've put up Cloud of the Month for February
- » 'Just Look Up' at Festival of Imagination, Selfridges, London