Missing Cloud Library

Missing Cloud Library

Forums The Cloud Forum Missing Cloud Library

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Heather Prince avatarHeather Prince
      Participant

I’m back at the Cloud Appreciation Society after an absence of a few years.  When I was last active on this site there was a ‘cloud library’ – a sort of dictionary of cloud categories and sub-categories (I forget what it was called then) where you could look up a particular type of cloud and see the images that members had taken of it.

I’ve had a look around and can’t seem to find something similar on the new site (vastly different to when I previously visited it).  Have I missed something or can someone point me in the right direction please?

Hans Stocker avatarHans Stocker
      Participant

Well, welcome back.

I haven’t seen a library on the CAS site since I started to visit the site, some 4 years ago. I think it would be a nice idea to have one and I remember to have read once (on a former version of this site or in the somewhat occasional newsletter?) the intent to add a cloud library to the site. I am not sure about this intent, because after all there is nu such library yet.

Shortly the International Cloud Atlas became online available from the moment the Asperitas was officially added to the atlas. For looking up things about clouds it can’t be more complete, but for an oversight or for introductory purposes a smaller and more comprehensive library would be nice. Such a library also already exists as the library that is included in the Cloudspoter app.

I am curious about the status of the intent and other opinions. To be continued?

Best wishes, hans

Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

Hallo, Heather. You are right, there was such an on-line document. CAS took it down some time after The Cloud Collector’s Handbook, by Gavin Pretor-Pinney, 2009, was published. They gave no explanation.

At the time I did demur because I would often look up the hardcopy Handbook and point to a page in that on-line doc. when I posted something on the Forum. I did wonder if it was to do with intellectual property and/or an intent to publish an on-line Handbook.

‘H’ #7173

Heather Prince avatarHeather Prince
      Participant

I’m glad I’m not going bonkers!!!  I joined in September 2008 so it was a while ago.  I also bought a copy of the Cloud Collectors’ Handbook at the time which I still have and still use.

So – PLEASE Trevor put the cloud library back on-line.  I’m sure other members would find it as valuable a resource as I did and also so enjoyable to browse through.

Heather Prince

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.