Reply To: ASPERITAS The CAS Cloud Vol 3

Forums The Cloud Forum ASPERITAS The CAS Cloud Vol 3 Reply To: ASPERITAS The CAS Cloud Vol 3

Dave Lochhaas avatarDave Lochhaas
Participant

Michael, I appreciate your continuing posts. This last Saturday, 10-03-20, about noon, I was traveling through a seven mile stretch of the Missouri River floodplain when I looked up and saw one of your Asperitas images. Your photos have apparently found a place in the pattern recognition of my brainware. This was amazing for me,

I’ve looked through your past posts and what I saw is very similar to Arizona Asperitas #776 in both appearance and color. I have not witnessed a view such as this before. Unfortunately, I was driving two-lane blacktop with no shoulder and no pull-offs and the only camera I had with me was a cell phone buried in my pants pocket.

Early in Vol 3 you spoke of the Asperitis you see in the Valley of the Sun and described its topography. Daniel did the same about Willamette Valley. I was in the Missouri River valley. I was heading west from an area that had light showers toward the thinning back edge of the front that was moving west to east. Here the flood plain is about a mile wide, completely flat, and is bound by river hills on both sides.