Reply To: ASPERITAS The CAS Cloud Vol 3

Forums The Cloud Forum ASPERITAS The CAS Cloud Vol 3 Reply To: ASPERITAS The CAS Cloud Vol 3

Dave Lochhaas avatarDave Lochhaas
Participant

Thanks, Michael, I think I’m now heading in the right direction on processing at a smaller scale. My first photos were a whopping 2048 x 1368 when submitted.

I like your photo, Arizona Asperitas#781. There seems to be some orderly structure to the chaos that I’ve seen in some of my photos. It’s hard for me to imagine how the different water vapor densities stay together in an asperitas cloud formation without becoming a homogeneous mix in all the turmoil.

This is the last photo (infrared photography) of my July 19th asperitas encounter. I took it as I retreated to my garage when large drops of rain began to fall. This is a view to the east. The dark area of thunderstorms that had been sliding by to the south had widened and was approaching my backside from the west. The asperitas clouds were losing structure and drifting to the northeast. Winds were still gusting but had become northerly, different than the earlier random gusts from every direction. It took another half hour for the transition to full thunderstorm.DSCF5095 3-1 dL2.2