Reply To: Nebraska 6.13.18 Widespread Formation with Asperitas

Forums The Cloud Forum Nebraska 6.13.18 Widespread Formation with Asperitas Reply To: Nebraska 6.13.18 Widespread Formation with Asperitas

Laura Hilkemann avatarLaura Hilkemann
Participant

Hi George, thank you for your comments! The weather data for that day and the following is below in the chart. No rain at the time, and the wind changed direction. The next day was significantly warmer.

The clouds quickly approached and went overhead and then moved off to the east. So I didn’t get to see them long because of how fast they moved away. However, I saw photos posted hours earlier of it when it was to the west of me on the Facebook group Nebraska Through the Lens.

The best viewings I have personally seen of asperitas so far have been the day following a severe storm, which is why I mentioned the tornadoes. A particularly good time was the day after the June 3, 2014 Hail Storm in Nebraska that had baseball-sized hail and caused much damage.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2014/06/04/hail-in-a-gale-parts-of-nebraska-iowa-blasted-by-baseball-sized-projectiles/

_20180629_233806